Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Time For Another Blog

Dear Diary, let me count the ways... no seriously that's not how I want to start this, what I want to say is that life is flying by so fast it will make your head spin. I can't even blink or I'll miss something. I want to be able to play every video game out there, to read every great book, or see every amazing movie, but life stands in the way of it, or at least how today's society views how one should go through life. With rules and regulations the ability to full grasp life disappears, and leaves some empty, and maybe even more than a little stressed.


Right now my brain is so fried that I'm having a hard time simply thinking of what the next sentence is going to be, where am I going with this, and is someone about to walk into my cube to read over my shoulder. This is all stuff that batters me and then I'm left dazed wondering how the hell I'm going to be able to actually "live" my life today. It is too easy to just let the rest of the day, a part that I have some control over, to just slip through my hands, and I won't be able to accomplish anything that I want to accomplish.

Another thing I'm finding hard to do is listening to a conference call and writing, I'm sure that I might have accidentally slipped some of what is being said on the phone because multi-tasking while exhausted really doesn't work. At least not for me, I'm sure there are those out there who have beyond mastered this problem, but in that respect I'm just a lowly novice.

Alright I better stop writing, I don't really have the fire to write right now, and I'm starting to really eye that energy drink that I know I shouldn't take, but I know I'll have to take if I want to have any hope of making it to the end of the business day so that I can pick up my dog, and then go home and probably space out, hopefully with the capacity to reclaim some of the energy that I so desperately need.

No comments: